Our major goal is to offer to our Customers safe products that fully satisfy their requirements and meet their expectations. Quality and Safety are key factors in sourcing, producing and marketing our products.
Quality and Safety is an on-going and strictly defined process, which guarantees the successful presence of our Company in the market. Respecting the requirements of our Customers and offering high quality sustainable products makes PROCOS unique in the party good industry.
PROCOS implements, maintains and constantly updates an integrated Management System which complies with the requirements of the ISO 9001, ISO 22000 and BRC standards.
Within this frame, our Company place major emphasis on the following points :
- Assessing the requirements and expectations of our Customers and documenting conformity to them.
- Ensuring that all products produced or marketed by our Company are safe and comply with the local and European legislations, as well as with the applicable legislation of all the countries in which our products are sold in, in an ever changing and developing legislative environment.
- Ensuring that the quality of the products is consistent and always according to the specifications defined by the above processes.
- PROCOS Food Safety Team, is timely informed on all changes that might have effects on the safety of the materials and products that are suitable for food contact. This team establishes, implements and maintains effective communication with the personnel about the conditions that affect these materials’ and products’ safety, as well as with the Suppliers, Customers and other interested parties, on subjects involving food safety.
- Studying, analyzing and minimizing the risks in the working environment. Our Company constantly tries to improve its equipment, facilities and activities, so to offer a safe, healthy and functional environment to its employees.
- An anti-bribery policy has been developed to ensure that all our Company’s activities are conducted following high ethical and legal principles. This policy prohibits the acceptance of gifts, payments or benefits in any form, direct or indirect, by any of its employees. PROCOS S.A. is committed to fully comply with laws and regulations, including those related to anti-corruption and bribery. Where appropriate, PROCOS will not hesitate to cooperate with law enforcement authorities on suspected or actual offenses against these laws. Our Suppliers are prompted to conduct their business ethically without any type of fraudulent Business Practice. Indications of a different behavior may cause a temporary pause of any business relationship until the situation is fully clarified. In case evidence confirm any non- ethical or illegal principals, such business relationship will immediately be terminated.
- A policy for the Protection of Personal Data has been developed to ensure that our Company operates within the relevant legal framework. This policy is related to the employees of all the Departments that manage Personal Data in the context of the execution of their business activities and binds any natural or legal person that provides the Company with services related to the processing of Personal Data.
- Ensuring the implementation of this policy through Quality and Safety Assurance Processes. These processes are continuously monitored and assessed and the results of these assessments are analyzed and used for the constant improvement of the Company functions.
- Evaluating the risks and opportunities that are presented and handling them in the best way to continuously improve the Company’s total performance.
- Securing the necessary resources for the maintenance and updating of the integrated Management System.
- Being a Greek company, our company has included in its goals the effort to highlight and promote the modern, business and production culture of our country. In this context, it participates in the HELLA-DIKA MAS initiative and is certified annually by Eurocert based on the relevant Requirements Standard. The QAM has assumed the responsibility of complying with the conditions for this certification.
- Monitoring of all critical points and prerequisite programs that are established in our HACCP study.
All employees should understand that it is within their duties, not only to know and respect the requirements of the integrated Management System, but also to actively contribute to its upgrade, resulting to improved quality of products and Customer services and minimizing of any costs.
Our Company provides to its employees good working conditions, a safe working environment and the required resources and training that would enable them to do their job effectively.
The management ensures that all employees are able to carry out their duties without risking their health and safety or the health and safety of their colleagues, by assessing their capabilities and providing the relevant training.
In this context, the management of our Company is constantly updated on the local and European legislation and standards on the Working Environment Health and Safety and takes them into account when planning activities that can affect the safety of the employees or products. For these reasons the management of our Company is closely working with a Safety Manager and a Doctor, to assess the risks and mitigate them.
The management also ensures that appropriate communication paths are established, so that the management has a clear view of the Health and Safety matters, while the personnel understand the working risks and the way to mitigate them.
All employees should take care of their health and safety and respect their colleagues’ health and safety. They must always follow the Company instructions on these matters and report every possible or existing danger to their supervisors or the Safety Manager.
Management ensures that the employees know the risks that are present for the products (physical, chemical, microbiological risks) and that they are trained to correctly handle the materials and products and to effectively take care of their personal cleanliness and hygiene, so to avoid these risks.
The medium-term plans of the Company include the implementation of a Management System that complies with the requirements of the ISO 45001 standard and ensures continuous improvement of the of the Health & Safety conditions in the Company.
Finally, our Company considers as minimum requirements the requirements of the Ethical Trading Initiative Code of contact : child labor is not used, employment is freely chosen, freedom of association and the right to collective bargaining are respected, working conditions are safe and hygienic, living wages are paid, working hours are not excessive, no discrimination is practiced, regular employment is provided and no harsh or inhuman treatment is allowed. In all case the Company ensures the preservation of the human rights of all those that can be affected by its operations. These principals are also considered as the minimum requirements that our Suppliers should cover in order to get into business with PROCOS.
The collective effort of our Company and employees, aims at the continuous improvement of the Company's operations and the better satisfaction of its Customers, ensuring honest and consistent relationships with Suppliers, partners and all other stakeholders affected from its operation and consists the base of our integrated Management System.
FOR PROCOS S.A.
PROCOS is committed to operate in such a way so us to minimize any negative impact of its activities to the environment, ensuring the highest level of security and protection of the environment. In any case these activities have minimal impact to the environment, as no toxic, chemical or other dangerous substances are used or marketed by our Company.
The Company’s management makes sure to be always informed about the national and European laws and regulations that affect the Company’s activities as well as products and ensures compliance to them. When activities that might have environmental impacts are planned, management always consider the relevant laws and regulations. For these reasons our Company has close cooperation with a consultant who provides advice regarding compliance. PROCOS takes all necessary actions to minimize any environmental impacts of its activities, to every possible extent.
Moreover, our Company implements an Environmental Management System according to the standard ISO 14001:2015, which is in line with its needs and objectives. The certification according to the above standard will be obtained within 2021.
Therefore, our core business action lines are the following:
- Continuous education and awareness of the employees to ensure high level of expertise in environmental management
- Commitment to the protection of the environment, including prevention of pollution
- Reduction of energy consumption (water and electricity)
- Proper management of the waste produced (hazardous and non-hazardous), prioritizing their separate collection and recycling
- Solid wastes (paper tissue, cardboard for plates, carton boxes etc) are recycled to the highest possible extent
- Liquid wastes (water from washing the inks of the napkins machines) are separately collected so as not to contaminate the waste-water drains.
- All the paper or wood products (or paper/wood parts of products) that the Company markets come from legal and sustainable wood sources.
- The Suppliers of our Company are selected according – among other criteria – to their environmental policy.
- Continuous measuring of key performance indicators for environment with the aim to achieve higher targets
- Continuous updating of top management and personnel on environmental issues
- Precise implementation and continuous improvement of the Environmental Management System’s efficiency by ISO 14001 and FSC
- Establishment of communication channels (internal and external) to exchange information and experiences
- Maintenance of the Environmental Management System, continuous monitoring and upgrading of it
- Identification of business environment and analysis of threats and opportunities for appropriate decision-making
Our Company is certified according to FSC and PEFC for the production and trading of paper products, as well as according to FSC for the trading of wooden and latex products and offers products with the relevant logos to all Customers. The QAM has the responsibility to make sure that all the FSC and PEFC requirements are fulfilled. In this context our Company commits not to be directly or indirectly involved in any of the following : illegal trade of wood or forest products, violation of traditional and human rights in forestry operations, destruction of high conservation values in forestry operations, significant conversion of forests to plantations or non-forest use, introduction of genetically modified organisms in forestry operations, violation of any of the ILO Core Conventions as defined in the ILO Declaration on Fundamental Principles and Rights at Work.
Every employee must actively participate in this effort and contribute to the improvement of all above matters.
All of us in PROCOS commit ourselves to implement and continuously improve the Environmental Management System’s efficiency by ISO 14001 and FSC, ensuring all the necessary resources.
FOR PROCOS S.A.